Monday, January 11, 2010

Should I Start a New Project This Week?



Today I asked the cards if this week was a good time to start becoming reacquainted with divination using playing cards. I had started to get into it awhile ago, but with lack of time, it fell to the wayside. I have been itching to start up with it again, but I'm wondering if this week would be a good time or not. I've kept myself very busy this week, with my PDR deck, my regular blog, Facebook, reading for clients, being a mom, reading two books, and now my new store on Art Fire, selling my new tarot bags (here). I'm usually pretty lazy, for lack of a prettier word, so I'm working if I should take advantage of the bizarre ants-in-my-pants feeling I've had this week, and use my energy re-learning my playing cards.

I drew As di Dinari, IIII Spade, and As di Bastone.

The first thing that jumped out at me was the Joker on the As di Bastone, as it reminded me of the Joker in playing cards. He is telling me he wants to come out to play. I then looked to the first card, another Ace... which actually features three coins. The larger coin reminded me of my main tarot blog, and the two coins below, smaller priorities, this PDR blog, and the playing cards. The two Aces signify the beginning of something. The introduction of a new method of using the cards.

In the center card, we have IIII Spade. Meditation. What I saw in this card was the feeling of being tired, needing a rest. Although I don't feel that way now, I have a feeling that if I added another to-do to my daily list, I would get burned out. When I was shuffling, I wanted the cards to tell me it was a great time to start this project, but I had a feeling they would tell me otherwise. In this card, I see a big "X" meaning "no". Stop right where you are.

Just to confirm, I re-shuffled the remaining cards and asked for clarification on the center card. I drew IX Spade. Now, when I had shuffled the first time, at the beginning of the reading, this card had dropped out of the deck, but I threw it back in and continued shuffling. So here it is again, really wanting to be heard.

This card tells me that starting another project this week is not a hot idea. It would end badly. There are nine swords piercing this poor heart. Are nine swords really necessary? It seems rather overkill to me. So I think attempting this would be the straw that broke the camel's back. That one thing too many that would send me over the edge and stress me out.

So, I have my answer. Although I really would like to have the time and energy to devote to spending time with my playing cards, I have to agree that this week is not the best time for it. So it will remain one of my goals for this year.

~Kiki

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow. I wish I was "lazy" like you!!

I was wondering how your interpretation would conclude - I didn't even see the positive aspects of the 2 Aces; all I saw was the giant X in the middle. Always learning from your reads and experience!